Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Xanna's Thoughts On The Transfer Of Power


This was the election which got the youth of North America interested. Yes, that includes Canada too. Just after the events in front of the capitol wrapped up, I got this email from my 30 year old daughter Xanna who is, like me, a dual citizen of the USA and Canada. I’m delighted that she is emotional about it. I am too; I cried my way through the Star Bangled Banner at the end of the inaugural swearing-in ceremony. If we can’t get excited about the future of our country, what hope have we. Read what "Xanna Says".



Well, that is certainly the most attention I have ever paid a presidential inauguration, except Clinton's because I was there, but even then, too young, I think, to grasp the political importance.

I was moved by the whole tradition — the speeches, the cheering. I had goose bumps thinking what it must be like for Obama, or any president, standing up there thinking 'holy cow! I'm the leader of all this!!' It must be quite emotional.

I even felt a lot for Bush because he really had to hold his head up high in front of a ton of people who generally don’t like him. I thought he handled the day very well. After that darn W movie, I feel a little for the guy now! I didn't think he did a very good job as a president, true, but I hate to see anyone feeling sad.... I hope he's going fishing this weekend, somewhere nice!

It was very cool to watch... I think I'll stay tuned the rest of the day as well. The coverage is really great, actually. I am feeling quite proud to be an America today. It is a big day isn't it?! Very ,very exciting.

I hope the Obama's run straight to their rooms and jump on the beds!!

Xanna-the-occasional-American

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Xanna! Great to hear from you! I can't believe that you are 30. Please keep posting on this blog with updates of your own, fitness, or personal. We love hearing from you, you're very important to us after all those years exercising with your mother.

Anonymous said...

I remember exercising to It Figures with my mom when I was 4 or 5 years old. It was always a treat to see another kid doing the workouts---Xanna episodes were my fav. Now I am 22 and you're 30?! Where has the time gone? Seems just like yesterday. Good luck in all your future experiences.

Anonymous said...

Funny how much your thoughts and mine seem to align on this very topic---the whole election and inauguration still seem quite surreal. Keep up the blog posts Char! I love these updates!

Anonymous said...

Xanna!

You look great! Please feel free to post on this blog, we are interested in hearing about your ventures and fitness tips as well as your mother's. The two of you on the blog would be a really great thing!

Anonymous said...

Great article!

Char keep up the hard work on this blog, we love it and appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this really brings back some memories. Time flies!

Great hearing from you Xanna. Hope you're doing well!